Paediatrics we have best team for your child care
Paediatrics is a much specialised branch of the medical world which specifically caters to the problems related to children. It is related to the various influences that impact the growth of a child such as biological, social and environmental. These influences can also have a substantial effect of the development of the child along with the impact of diseases and other dysfunctions.
A paediatrician is a medical specialist who is an expert when it comes to the health problems of a child and defines the status. These are consultants who ensure the complete and holistic welfare of the child alone as well as in assistance with other doctors and specialists. It is understood that the welfare of the child is in the hands of the family and the home, however, a paediatrician can be considered as an extension to the whole arrangement providing professional touch to the already existing nurturing environment for the child to grow. Such support includes education about healthy living and anticipatory guidance for both patients and parents.
- It is an intensive care unit which is especially dedicated to the children below 14 years of age.
- An intensive care unit for the ‘just born’ patients equipped with an incubator that maintains temperature, humidity constantly. This is useful to nurse low birth
weight and preterm babies till they are safe to be nursed in open environment. Other devices are:
- Photo Therapy
- A device used to treat new-born with jaundice.
- Multipara Monitor
- A device monitoring the heart rate, breath rate, blood pressure, oxygen content in blood.
- Infusion pumps
- These are useful for precise delivery of fluids.
- It is used to monitor oxygen content in blood.
- Syringe pumps
- These are used for precise delivery of antibiotics and other lifesaving drugs.
- Low birth weight(LBW)
- Low birth weight has been defined as weight at birth of less than 2,500 grams (5.5 pounds).
- Sepsis in kids
- Sepsis should be considered as a time-critical emergency, as the disease may progress to organ failure, shock, and death very rapidly.
- A condition in which a child airways become inflamed, narrow and swell and produce extra mucus, which makes it difficult to breathe.
- A group of lung diseases that block airflow and make it difficult to breathe.
- Cold, Cough, Fever, Vomiting
A thorough professional, Dr. Kiran Karthik completed his MD in Paediatrics from the famous Manipal University. Afterwards, he worked as an assistant professor at the renowned KIMS and is currently the consultant paediatrician in Sravani Hospital. He has great expertise in cases related to newborn care, child growth and development, nutrition, and paediatric and neonatal intensive care.